Former Gasoline Station (Allegheny County, PA)
ER&R conducted an extensive site characterization following identification of a release of VOCs to soil and groundwater. The work included attainment of the site specific standards under Act 2 from former USTs. The site development consisted of the removal and replacement of over 750,000 cubic yards of fill material.
ER&R remediated the site using a combination of remediation technologies to achieve the site-specific cleanup standard. The site received an Act 2 relief of environmental liability for identified petroleum constituents and the site was redeveloped as a multi-facility automotive dealership.
Specific Tasks for the Project included the following:
- Secure full reimbursement of investigation and remediation costs from PA USTIF
- Complete excavation of highly impacted soils
- Conduct soil and groundwater characterization
- Perform hydrogeological aquifer characterization
- Conduct ecological and health-based risk assessment
- Evaluate remedial measures specific to the site
- Complete in-situ treatment (chemical injection) of petroleum impacted soils
- Fate & transport evaluation
- Develop Site-Specific Standard for groundwater contamination
- Prepare and submit Remedial Investigation Report (RIR) and Final Report to PADEP