Former Landfill Site - (Erie County, PA)
The site is a former 35 acre landfill redeveloped as a golf course and was under consideration for purchase by a municipality. ER&R characterized the site, removed drums, tires and wastes at surface, and addressed groundwater under the Statewide health standards and wastes in accordance with the approved cleanup plan.
ER&R assisted with the division of technical responsibility for the “buyer-seller” agreement. The property was successfully purchased and continues to operate as a golf course.
Specific Tasks for the Project included the following:
- Completion of test pits, soil borings, and monitoring wells
- Stream sampling
- Development of Site-Specific Standard for a naturally occurring metal
- Preparation of Work Plan and Remedial Investigation Report
- Excavation and removal of debris and historic fill at surface
- Prepared and implemented Cleanup Plan
- Placement of a minimum of 2 to 4 feet of soil as a cap over fill material, grading and revegetation
- Two years of quarterly groundwater monitoring
- Liaison with state regulators on behalf of buyer and seller
- Prepared Post Remediation Care Plan
- Assist Attorneys with Preparation of Environmental Covenant for final transfer
- Prepared Final Report and received Act 2 relief of liability for all parties